For an approach to well-being that includes body, mind and spirit, incorporate Vail Valley’s natural splendor and cultural offerings with spa treatments for a truly holistic mix.
More than ever, wellness vacations are a high priority for health-conscious travelers. A getaway to Vail Valley, with access to top spas and fun, health-boosting activities, is a surefire way to relax and enhance your sense of well-being.
Vail Valley is home to a cadre of luxurious spas where services run the gamut from ancient healing practices to the latest in scientific innovations. A backdrop of snowcapped peaks is the setting for stress-relieving outdoor recreation, and the area’s performance venues and galleries are spaces with the potential to lift spirits and challenge viewers to think outside the box.
To make the most of the restorative atmosphere, attend to body, mind and spirit with a multipronged approach to wellness on your Vail Valley vacation.
Spa treatments are a mainstay of the modern wellness experience. Offering much more than superficial pampering, they invite deep healing through potent therapies including massage, body treatments and facials, as well as through a spectrum of other modalities and specialties.
You’ll find most Vail Valley spas centrally located in Avon, Beaver Creek, EagleVail and Vail, many associated with lodging establishments. Peruse treatment menus and book appointments with local spas online.
Refreshing Combinations for a Wellness-Oriented Vacation
While spas focus on targeted treatments, Vail Valley visitors also can harness a different, but equally powerful source of healing: fresh air, exercise and a good night’s sleep! Use the suggestions below as a jumping off point for combining Vail Valley activities with spa treatments of your choice.
Practice Mindfulness. If you’re looking for peace and quiet—internally and externally—give fly fishing a try. Stunning mountain streams and soothing repetitive motions are highly conducive to reducing stress. Lean on fishing outfitters including Gore Creek Fly Fisherman, Nova Guides, Sage Outdoor Adventures and Vail Valley Anglers for the best locations to hook a trophy-sized trout.
- Spa Connection. Keep the Zen-like state of mind going with spa treatments that create a sense of calm like Spa Anjali at The Charter’s Healing Crystal Body Polish, Well & Being’s Grounding Massage or Dryland Fitness & Spa’s Mountain Zen Spa Package.
All-Natural Cleanse. Perspiration is key to a good detox. Break a sweat hiking, biking, snowshoeing and Nordic skiing in Vail Valley. Each community has a wealth of trails worthy of exploration. For those who prefer hiking with a guide, check-in with Walking Mountains Science Center and Beaver Creek Hiking Center. Cyclists who want to feel the wind in their hair can let loose with a cruise down Vail Pass bike path. The Gore Creek Trail offers a flatter riding grade and connects seven of nine towns in Vail Valley. Come winter, trails and golf courses become hubs for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. For equipment rentals and groomed track, try Beaver Creek Nordic Center and Vail Nordic Center.
- Spa Connection: While the body releases toxins through vigorous exercise, spa treatments also can provide a cleansing assist. Go all in with the Red Rock Mud Detox at The Sebastian’s Bloom Spa or try Bachelor Gulch Spa’s treatment that includes activated charcoal sourced from Colorado mines.
Ultimate Après. Home to world-famous slopes and acclaimed fairways, feel rejuvenated by participating in a favorite vacation pastime such as skiing, snowboarding and golf—activities Vail Valley does exceptionally well. Choose Beaver Creek for a cozy, family-friendly atmosphere or spread your wings at Vail Mountain on 5,200 acres of terrain and seven legendary back bowls. When it comes to golf, the choices are many: Beaver Creek Golf Club, Eagle Ranch Golf Club, EagleVail Golf Course, Gypsum Creek Golf Course, Red Sky Ranch Golf Club, Sonnenalp Golf Club and The Club at Cordillera.
- Spa Connection. After a day of play, take a self-induced timeout with spa treatments that keep you at the top of your game. Give your gams some love with the Ultimate Leg Recovery at Manor Vail Spa, the Après Adventure Sports Massage at The Spa at Grand Hyatt or a Deep Therapeutic Massage at the Sonnenalp Spa. In lieu of a stop at the 19th hole, enjoy a chilled glass of white wine and then reap the benefits of a scrub made with chardonnay grape seeds with Arrabelle’s Wine Down Therapy.
Be inspired. What better way to lift the mind and the spirit than by taking in a show? All the world’s a stage in Vail Valley at venues such as Vail’s Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater and Beaver Creek’s Vilar Performing Arts Center, as well as at smaller venues such as the Avon Performance Pavilion, Eagle Town Park and Little Beach Park & Amphitheater in Minturn. Explore more mind-blowing culture at art galleries and museums throughout Vail Valley.
- Spa Connection. Take your spa experience to the next level with elevating treatments such as those offered at Exhale including acupuncture, Reiki and cupping. Mountain Cascade Massage Therapy takes a cue from Eastern traditions offering several forms of Thai massage as well as workshops.
Body Aware. Explore the mind-body connection through yoga, climbing and fitness classes in Vail Valley. Whether focusing on your breath, striving for a grip that seems out of your reach or stepping it up in a spin class, these activities present physical and mental challenges that can help increase overall confidence, strength and well-being.
- Spa Connection. Dryland Fitness & Spa and Eagle Climbing & Fitness both offer a variety of yoga classes that range from relaxed to intense. For solutions to chronic pain, general fatigue or anxiety, Vail Valley Wellness seeks to provide lasting results using natural remedies to boost health.
Revitalize with Exhilaration. There’s no shortage of thrills in Vail Valley. Off the slopes, embrace the need for speed with snowmobiling, off-road adventures, horseback riding, zipline tours, and river and lake sports like rafting, tubing, canoeing and stand up paddle boarding. Sage Outdoor Adventures and Nova Guides are go-to outfitters for a variety of fast-paced, year-round activities, as are activity destinations like 4 Eagle Ranch, Beaver Creek Stables, Piney River Ranch and Nottingham Lake in Avon.
- Spa Connection: You don’t zipline over canyons, ride horseback in the backcountry or paddle churning whitewater every day. Why not mix up your spa routine with out-of-ordinary treatments as well? Spa Anjali at The Westin offers three unforgettable “spa journeys”—the Rocky Mountain, Alpine and Himalayan—that will transport spa-goers to a place of deep relaxation.
Sweet Dreams. Sleep is vital to well-being and most Americans don’t get enough of it. Rest is assured when you stay at Vail Valley vacation lodging including full-service resorts, private homes, slope-side chalets, mountain lodges, condos and boutique accommodations.
- Spa Connection: Spa at Four Seasons features slumber rooms, space dedicated to improving your dream time. Dose off and wake up refreshed with their Sweet Dreams Sleep Cure.
Don’t leave feeling better to chance. Plan your wellness-focused vacation in the Vail Valley to include a combination of spa days and play days for a rejuvenating mix of relaxation and recreation.